"No Sleep, freezing, leak and poor managment attitude"
No sleep due to freezing room and water pouring out of ceiling then cofffee machine not working all at 4.30am in the morning. Manager didn't even look at me when the problem was explained to him, nor apologise. No compensation offered.
"Fun at Fiesta"
We had a marvelous time in Acapulco. We attended the New Year's Eve Celebration at the Fiesta Americanas and it was AMAZING! A great Mexican Buffet with all the drinks you could handle...since I am not a drinker, the Staff made sure I had as many virgin Pina Coladas that I wanted. This is our 3rd visit to this hotel and the new decor in the common areas is very beautiful and the staff as usual exceeds our expectations. The rooms can use some up-to-date decor, but the bed is extremely comfortable. We felt safe and secure and enjoyed our stay with what we now call "family". We are excited to return again soon!
"What a letdown!"
It is the 24th of December and we are “vacationing” in Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco. That is if you can call it a vacation when the pool area is closed all day because they’re preparing for the hotel’s Christmas dinner. Ok, the dinner is important. But it will happen tonight and, honestly, it could’ve been done in one of the new dining rooms they have indoors. What about our day in the hotel? Will we get back one of the precious vacation days we hoped to spend sunbathing by the pool? Instead, half our day was spent in an overcrowded beach, half our day looking for a break from what was supposed to be a vacation weekend, but instead turned into something to escape from. @Fiesta Americana, what a let down.
My wife and I were not sure what to expect when we picked the Fiesta Americana in Acapulco but it was conveniently located close to where a wedding we were attending was held. What a great find this was. The resort itself is amazing, the cafe for breakfast and pool side service were awesome (the views are just crazy nice). The staff (Look for Fidel at the Pool and Felix at the Cafe) were so welcoming and awesome that we looked for them each day to help us out. One down side is that it is attached to a time share and they will ask you the usual attendance of the sales pitch but thats a minor annoyance to deal with for all the upside here. We felt very safe as well, security is everywhere and visible. If you decide to try Acapulco this would be the place I would stay at.
"The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"
Unfortunately based on our experience I cannot recommend the property. My comments are divided to three categories: room design, things specific to our room and those about the overall property.
1. The design of the shower/tub makes it the most difficult and unsafe to get in and to get out that I have encountered; especially for individuals of a shorter stature.
2. The room containing the toilet is very small and difficult to maneuver in.
1. The rooms are of good size and well equipped.
2. Unlike many timeshares, housekeeping is daily
Specific to our Room
1. We did not sleep for six and a half nights. There is a bar across the street that plays very very very loud music until 7AM. Even though we were on the 16th floor it was unbearable. At about 4AM on our last night at the property we were able to convince the front desk to let us move to room away from the very loud music. This room was quiet, had air-conditioning that worked well and was much cleaner.
2. The quality of housekeeping in our original room was poor (eg. the tub/shower was not clean and the room had spider webs).
3. The room would not cool down enough even at night.
1. The view from our room and our two decks was exceptional.
1. Erroneous charge on the hotel statement. The error was not clerical but rather was fraud. Poolside we ordered drinks. Before we left we asked for the check and charged it to our room. Charging to your room required that we write on the check our room number, name and signature. Later at the same location another check was charged to our room for a pizza that we did not order. Examination of the check showed an attempt to forge my signature. What I believe happened was that someone who ordered a pizza left the pool without paying. The employee tried to cover the charge by copying from our drink receipt and forging my signature.
2. The best pool chair locations were reserved every morning by hotel staff for "special guests" which apparently did not include RCI exchanges.
3. Too many of the staff were unable to understand the English language.
4. It is difficult to access the beach.
5. Management indifference regarding guest concerns and failure to follow up as promised.
6. Language barriers made ordering food from room service was somewhere between difficult and impossible.
7. At pool side we purchased ice cream. Payment had to be in peso cash. Room charge was not available for this purchase and the hotel would not convert dollar bills into pesos.
8. The Wi-Fi was shut-down from about 2AM until 7AM
1. The large pool with a perfect water temperature.
2. The food at dinner was always good and sometimes great.
3. The wait staff were very attentive.
4. The Wi-Fi worked great from 7AM until about 2AM.
1. When checking in insist on a room with a number that ends in 27-37.
2. Check your statement carefully for charges that are not yours.
3. Have some cash in pesos for spending in the local economy and for hotel purchases that do not accept charging to the room.
4. Tip generously as hotel employees depend on tips for their livelihood. (I was told that most positions are paid the equivalent of $4 US per day). For example at the breakfast buffet where received consistently excellent service we tipped the equivalent of $5 US each day. For dinner where we also received consistently excellent service we tipped 20%, a private tour that cost $200 US we tipped the equivalent of $40 US, a $30 US taxi to and from the airport we tipped the equivalent of $10 US. Even the chamber maid that we were disappointed with we tipped the equivalent of $10 US.
Fiesta Americana Acapulco Villas is waiting for you at one of Mexico's most attractive and traditional destinations, a modern hotel in Acapulco that greets its guests with its minimalist style in the lobby and the comfort and amenities of its rooms and villas, ideal for spending family vacations or business trips.
Located in the heart of the Condesa, Acapulco, within easy reach of restaurants, nightclubs, bars and shopping malls.
We remind you that the check-in time is from 3:00 PM. Check-out is at 11:00 AM. We suggest you use our express check-out service.